Save your searches by using the “Select Wells by” drop-down options, as well as the Add/Remove feature in the UWI pop-up, and then press the “Save” button. Your saved search will appear in the “Saved Searches” drop-down list for future use.
UWI & Surface Location Background
All wells have both a Surface Location and a Bottom-Hole Location. The Bottom-Hole Location governs the designation of the Unique Well Identifier (UWI) for each well. Oil & Gas well assets are bought and sold based on UWIs. When wells are “mapped” based on Surface Location, there can be a number of UWIs associated with a single Surface Location. wellTriever’s Well List is grouped by Surface Location (now in the well “Pop-Up”) so that multiple completions (UWIs) in a Surface Location become clearly evident. In the Multiple Completions example, there are six UWIs associated with the single Surface Location: 09-04-001-17W4.
wellTriever’s map shows the surface location for all of Canada’s 800,000 Oil & Gas wells. It also lists each well’s UWI. As many of those wells are close enough to other wells that they appear on top of one another on the map, we’ve made some significant improvements to the Well List to deal with Wells on top of Wells. When you’ve selected a 1000 or less wells, the Well List appears on the left hand side of our app and now:
- The background colour of the Well List is alternately shaded so that UWIs at a single Surface Location stand out.
- When you click on a well spot on the map, we highlight that well in the Well List so you can immediately see if there are other wells at the same Surface Location.
- When you click on a well in the Well List, it “pops-up” on the map making the communication between the Well List and the Well Map bilateral, i.e. when you click on one, the other responds.
We’ve just enabled instant selection results. As you change your selection criteria on the left hand side of the app the results in the well list and on the map update instantly.
Add another well status to this search and see the well list and map update automatically.
This works well when you are looking at a particular area of the map and want to change the search, but don’t want the map to move.
If you do want to recentre the map to see all the results click the ‘Centre Map’ button.
We’ve also changed when the well list appears. The list appears once you’ve selected a thousand wells or less.
Wells remain grey until they are found or selected. Found wells are gold. There are toggles in the upper left to toggle back and forth between showing all wells or just the selected or found wells. Panning continues to improve.
The blue overlay (when panning on Firefox and Internet Explorer) has been resolved and panning has been generally improved.
We have encountered an issue with a “blue overlay” appearing on the map when panning rapidly. We have reproduced this overlay with Internet Explorer and Firefox, but NOT with Chrome. Should you encounter it, the overlay disappears if you click on the blank section below the “Find Wells by” area of your screen. We are working on resolving the overlap and improving the panning generally.
We updated wellTriever today with a few improvements:
- Sample Reports and Graphs were not rendering correctly. If you encountered issues with the reports please revisit them.
- Sign up and log in will now return you to the page you were looking at when you chose to sign up/log in.
- When an area of the map has an intense concentration of wells at a high magnification level, the number of wells shown was limited. We now use Well Concentration Patterning to avoid this limitation.
More developments coming soon.